Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lacking in energy

Yes, I've been quiet for a few weeks - because there has been little to report. Thanks to the wet weather of late, not much damage was wreaked over the school holidays. I've made my rounds of the usual trouble spots and seen nothing worth following up.


The only thing I have noticed is that Energy Australia is taking 11-12 days to process vandalism reports. It used to take them a day or so. They have no hope of removing graffiti within 2 weeks if it takes them nearly two weeks to look at their web reporting system and log an incident. I bet that before long, the following will happen.



  • I will report some graffiti
  • 12 days later, Energy Australia will get around to reading my report
  • A week after that, I will report the graffiti again
  • A day later, a contractor will remove the graffiti
  • 12 days down the track, Energy Australia will read my second report and send a contractor out to perform a clean up
  • The contractor will report back that there is nothing to clean - the report is a dud
  • Energy Australia will start to think that false reports are being logged
  • Trust will break down
That would be a lousy outcome.

No comments: