Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Red Box

This one might be interesting.  The Red Box is a theatre of some sort in Lilyfield.  I go past it on a regular basis, and have long noticed that the graffiti on every external door never seems to be cleaned up.

Even the sign at the front has been defaced.









The challenge with this place is finding who to contact in order to get it cleaned up.  I googled the company name, and quickly found a promising looking site with some contacts.  However, I am not sure that the buildings in the photos above actually below to this theatre company.  It's a reasonably large industrial-type site, and it may well be that the defaced buildings belong to some state government department that is overseeing their redevelopment, or a developer that is just sitting on them.

But there is no point in speculating.  I'm going to write to Vyvian Wilson, who is listed as the General Manager of the Legs on the Wall theatre company occupying the site and see what happens.  At worst, I'll be told that it is not their problem.  Fifty cents and 10 minutes of my time down the drain, but on the other hand, they might give me the contact details of someone who can fix it.

I'm not holding out a lot of hope.  In order to get to the Legs on the Wall theatre, you have to drive past all that graffiti.  They haven't lifted a finger to get it fixed to date, which means it is probably somebody else's problem to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see the video and a photo of the tag to see if I can identify him