Monday, August 3, 2009

Lights out

A light pole along the City West Link in Haberfield has been hit by something big enough to twist the pole around and snap the light off the top of the pole. Last time I went past, the light was lying in the vegetation barrier on the side of the road.


Whatever hit the pole moved it back a good six inches.


Every pole is supposed to have an asset tag like this one. I couldn't find one on the damaged pole, so I reported this number and said it was the pole next door.

It's been reported to Energy Australia via their website. Given that the pole has been like this for about a week, I am not assuming that whomever smashed into the pole bothered to report it to Energy Australia. I'm assuming that Energy Australia are "in the dark", as are the motorists who drive past here at night.

No comments: