Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mysterious morning tracks

I spotted these tracks in a Leichhardt car park earlier this week. I couldn't work out for the life of me what was going on here.


Not long after, I caught up with the Council "Green Machine" that was sweeping up the litter from the gutters.


Pity the Green Machine couldn't go off road and scoop up this McDonalds refuse left in the car park behind the rowing club. It seems every car park around this way suffers from after dark diners who can't be bothered carrying their rubbish to the nearest bin (and there was a bin nearby).

I posted photos a few days ago of rubbish on a boat ramp in Drummoyne. Many people would probably blame boaties for the floating trash. I don't - I blame the slobs that chuck their litter out their car window in car parks not far from the water's edge. It's pretty easy for a gust of wind to carry junk like this straight into the harbour, bypassing litter traps.

No comments: