Monday, March 23, 2009

Does nothing offend Australia Post?

Australia Post seems to have woken up somewhat over the last 6 months and is now making a much better effort to clean their red post boxes and green distribution boxes.  However, they still have a long way to go.  A number of post offices in our area have had graffiti scrawled over them for months, and nothing has been done about it - the post office in Majors Bay Road, Concord is a case in point.  

Here is a more extreme example of offensive graffiti on an Australia Post asset.  This has been here for some time, but I only got around to reporting it today.  


Bear in mind that an Australia Post staff member or contractor would park right in front of this box once a day to deposit sachels of mail for delivery, and another staff member would stop here once a day to pick up those sachels before heading out to deliver the mail.  I'm a reasonable person - if I worked for Australia Post and I saw this on "my" box, I'd like to think I'd do something about it - like report it, and hassle my manager occasionally if nothing was done about it.


Somewhere inside Australia Post, something is seriously broken if stuff like this is allowed to hang around for weeks before being removed - and it is only removed if a member of the public reports it.

As an aside, I usually take a photo of the nearest cross street to remind me of the location when I spot things like this.  Here is my memory jogger:


And here is the response that I got from the Australia Post website.  For some reason, their system doesn't immediately send out a confirmation email like most others.  There are quite a few more boxes like this that need cleaning, but I'll wait and see how Australia Post respond before bothering to report them.
Your request relating to Street Posting Boxes, has been received and a customer service representative will endeavour to respond to you within 2 working days.

This is an automated response.

Your Enquiry – please clean the graffit from the green post box on the corner of nullawarra ave and wilga st in concord. it is offensive - one tag says "always bring cash c*&nts"..

No comments: