Friday, March 6, 2009

Well, how about that?

I'll say this until I am blue in the face - if you report graffiti on a council asset within the Canada Bay area, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be removed within a few days.  Today is Friday.  I reported graffiti on this bus shelter (and two others) on Tuesday.  It's gone.  I don't know when it was removed - today was the first time that I went back since Tuesday.  The council turnaround time is impressive - if you report it.


I also noticed this (and other) graffiti in Five Dock Park near the war memorial on Tuesday.  I hadn't gotten around to reporting it, when I went back today and found that it was gone.  





Same goes for graffiti on the grandstand.


One of two things is happening:

  • Another resident has decided to start reporting graffiti as well, and they beat me to it, or
  • Council have worked out that these sites are hit often - sometimes weekly - and therefore a weekly patrol by the anti-graffiti truck is a good idea.  In other words, council is be pro-active rather than reactive.
Either outcome is good. 

I just wish other organisations, like Energy Australia, Telstra, RailCorp and Australia Post would also start taking a pro-active approach to graffiti, rather than sitting around and waiting for the phone to ring.

No comments: