Friday, October 10, 2008

An observation about rubbish

In my travels around our suburbs, I have stopped in a lot of carparks and see a lot of discarded fast food litter.

Strangely enough, most of it originated in McDonalds.  Don't ask me why - we have two McDonalds in this area, but we also have several pizza outlets, a couple of kebab shops, a KFC, a Subway and at least 3 fish and chips shops.  But the strange thing is that most of the litter comes from McDonalds.  Since I started looking, I have only seen one bit of KFC rubbish and a couple of pizza boxes (and they were all tossed in the yard of the Five Dock Police station).

What is it with McDonalds and people tossing litter on the ground?  I am not trying to have a go at McDonalds here - I eat there every now and then, and I admire them as a successful company.  But there is something wrong with the people that buy their take away.  Is it because McDonalds make the only foodstuffs that are suitable for eating whilst parked beside the river?  Do people prefer to consume KFC in the restaurant, and pizza at home?  

I have no answers to these questions.  I can only report my observations.  What goes on in the tiny little heads of some people is a complete mystery to me.

No comments: