Friday, August 22, 2008

54 photos of Energy Australia substations and Google Earth

There are 54 photos in the album below.  Only 2 of them show a clean substation.
Energy Australia substations

I've geocoded most of the photos in this album - at least those where I can remember the location where I took the shot.  If you have Google Earth installed, you can click on a photo and it will take you to that spot in Google Earth.  In this instance, the yellow arrow is pointing at the substation on the edge of Five Dock Park where I have 2 geocoded photos.


Funnily enough, when I took a look at the street view in Google Earth at this location, it showed a very vandalised substation!  The street view photos must have been taken before I had Energy Australia repaint all these substations earlier this year - this shows what it looked like beforehand.


Energy Australia don't even need to send a crew out to see whether a substation has graffiti on it - they can do it from their desk with Google Earth.

No comments: