Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Broken drinking fountain - followup

On 10 August, I noticed a rather broken looking drinking fountain near the skate park in Five Dock Park.  I rang Council and reported it the next day, along with 6 or 7 other items.  I just happened to be going past that spot yesterday when I saw a Council employee working on some signage on the corner of the park nearby.  

I stopped and had a chat with him, asking whether he knew anything about the broken drinking fountain, which was hiding in the trees about 20 metres behind him.  It turned out that he didn't, but he promised to look into it.  I pointed it out to him, as the pebblecrete coating on the fountain makes it very hard to spot under the trees.

Funnily enough, just as we were chatting, another Council employee drove up and the bloke I was talking to said, "And here is the man who needs to know about it", so I left them to it.  I'll go back in a few days and see how they are getting on.

No comments: