Friday, August 22, 2008

Drummoyne public school

Back in early July, I found some graffiti on a Sydney Water cabinet outside Drummoyne Public School.  Sydney Water have "cleaned" the cabinet (I don't have a photo, and it is a really hasty job), but a few more tags have appeared about 20 metres up the road on some school property that backs onto Thompson Ave.  I was driving past yesterday, and could see the graffiti from the other side of the road.

I've emailed the school, just in case they haven't noticed it, and asked them to arrange to have it removed.  I don't know if the Principal does a patrol around the entire grounds every day to check on things, and even if they did, I wouldn't necessarily expect them to walk around outside the school (the only way to see the graffiti is from the path outside the school - the building that it's on butts up against the fence).

The parents of the children attending that school would see that graffiti every day, but probably assume that someone from the school will see it and take care of it.  

I assume nothing.

No comments: