Thursday, August 21, 2008

Telstra Exchange, Concord

The library below has 8 photos of another vandalised Telstra Exchange - this time in Yaralla Rd, Concord.

Telstra Exchange, Concord

When I was out and about yesterday, I saw a BigPond van by the side of the road, so I stopped and had a chat with the technician who was getting some tools out of the van. I asked him whether he ever worked in the Five Dock Exchange (yes) and if he knew how to report vandalism internally within Telstra (no).

I might as well have asked him the chemical composition of cheese.

I then suggested that he should ask his manager about it, which he agreed to do - as his Team Leader works from the Five Dock Exchange almost every day.

Now I don't want to get this bloke in trouble, because he was just being honest. It had never occured to him to report the state that the exchange is in, probably figuring that it was somebody else's problem, such as his Team Leader.

It will be interesting to see whether his Team Leader has any more luck reporting the graffiti. Telstra must have a policy or process for dealing with graffiti on their intranet - if I can do a search on the Canada Bay Council website and find their policy and procedure in just a few seconds, then it shouldn't be that hard for a Telstra employee to do the same thing on their intranet.

Assuming they have a policy and procedure that is.

No comments: