Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Time series of a substation

This substation is outside Five Dock Park - I have posted a map further down showing exactly where it is.

I visit this park several times a week, so I have decided to take a photo of this substation from the same spot every time I visit, so that we end up with a time series of photos showing graffiti building up.


Notice the two soft drink cans at the base of the substation (in the red box).  How much would you like to bet that they were left there by vandals?  

I have thrown that question in because someone who vandalises public property is someone who clearly has little respect for the law.  If they are going to break one law, it's likely they will break plenty of others.  If paint is hard to come by, they will steal it.  If a property is fenced, they'll break in and trespass in order to deface it.  I presume littering is the least of their worries.

If I were the Police, I'd be fingerprinting those drink cans in the expectation that somewhere down the track, you'd be able to charge the perpetrators with a whole series of crimes.  

But I doubt that will ever happen.

No comments: