Thursday, August 21, 2008

Halliday Park and Wymston Parade

There is a nice walk around the water from Halliday Park along Wymston Parade in Wareemba. The playground has a small amount of graffiti in it, and some of the signage is a bit messy, but the main problem around this area is run down infrastructure.

Halliday Park and Wymston Parade

One of the bins is badly rusted. There is a rusted, sunken rowboat just below the high water mark. Much of the seating along the waters edge is falling apart - most of it is unfit to sit on. I guess most of it dates from the days of Drummoyne Council, which ceased to exist about a decade ago. By the look of it, not much maintenance has been done on the seating and signage since then.

As I was taking these photos, I passed quite a few people out walking along the path beside the water. All of them looked like locals. Why have none of them bothered reporting this to Council?

Somebody else's problem I suppose. Or imagining that Council has a magic telescope that will tell them where all the problems lie.

I don't believe in any of that, so I've rung Council and let them know.

No comments: