Friday, August 15, 2008

AGL site - followup

I went past the vandalised gas equipment cabinets at the bottom of Lilyfield Rd again today, and what should be parked there but a Jemena ute (the driver was eating lunch).  Jemena is a "leader in the management of energy infrastructure and the provision of energy related products" (that is lifted straight from the front page of their web site). 

Since Jemena used to be part of Alinta, this may well be an Alinta installation rather than AGL.

I think I also screwed up by calling Leichhardt Council about getting this cleaned, as it might in fact be on the Ashfield Council side of the canal.  I'm waiting to see if Leichhardt call me back to say, "It's not ours", or whether they just do nothing and don't call.  Let's call it a test of their customer service and followup.

Here are the results from a search of the Jemena website for "graffiti".



Monday - I rang Ashfield Council and let them know about it, and they said that AGL try this type of stunt on them all the time.  AGL (or whoever owns these cabinets) has to clean it up themselves, or pay Council to do it.

Council took my report, and will be following it up with AGL (or Alinta if it turns out they own it).

Sly dogs.

No comments: