Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Richard Murden Reserve

I've never dealt with Ashfield Council, although they are just over the way a little bit.  I guess I'll have to start somewhere.

I started with their website, and tried to do a search on graffiti.  I got this in return:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/searchresults.asp, line 10

I then had a look at their list of policies to see if any mentioned graffiti, but none seemed to fit the bill.  At least their website lists a contact email address.

These three photos are from the toilets in Richard Murden Reserve on Hawthorne Parade, Haberfield.  I've reported this via the general Council email address.




There was much more than this, but I couldn't be bothered photographing it all.

Here's food for thought - these toilets presumably get cleaned on a regular basis.  If so, are the cleaners reporting graffiti like this, or are they shrugging their shoulders and saying, "Not my problem - someone else deals with graffiti".  

No comments: